Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Kinematic Sprite Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,
I am currently making a game like megaman. I implemented all the game mechanics (gravity, jumping, shooting, enemies, animations etc) however there is a problem. When I assign my main character's fire (projectile) physics into kinematic and when I use GetSpriteFirstContact() I can't detect any collision. However if I assign it's physics to dynamic it works perfectly. But If I assign projectile sprite to dynamic, projectiles don't pass through walls. What can I do for this situation? How can I check the collision of sprites that have kinematic physics?
Thank you.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 17:42
You could use Sprite groups, but an easier method would be to make you projectiles a sensor... This allows collision detection, but also allows them to pass through other physic sprites...

SetSpritePhysicsIsSensor()
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Shokkul
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much, it helped a lot. But still I need to use it with dynamic physics. Now projectiles can pass through walls but they don't go straight because I have gravity in the game.
Shokkul
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump for changing to question,
Now projectiles pass through objects with SetSpritePhysicsIsSensor() even though their physics are dynamic, how can I close gravity for spesific sprite with physics?
Thanks
Shokkul
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved the problem by using SetSpritePhysicsForce().

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:57:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:57:42