Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where can I get Dark AI?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PC and Android Games
Posted: 11th Oct 2016 09:53
I would like to add some AI enemies on my game but could not find any links. In the game guru site it's all dead links.

Where can I get it? Is it now free?

Thanks.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 03:35
Hi,

I'm not sure if it is available or not, but I don't know if I would chase after it. I used it years ago and it worked reasonably well, but it taxed game speed too much for me. I could hardly make a decent game with it, and with everything else you have in a game that is taking up processor time, it would slow it down to a crawl. It's hard to have guns-a-blazin at 18 FPS. My $.02.

So many games to code.....so little time.
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 09:44
Thanks LBFN. I would like to try it anyway since I'm planning to do a small game. Is it up for share? I have downloaded an unknown version that I found on some older threads here but some commands does not seem to work or it is not compatible.

Also I would appreicate it if you have the examples that comes with the package. Thanks.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 14:45
I have attached the example files and help file for Dark AI. I'm not sure if I can share the dll. I would like to hear from someone at TGC that it is okay to do that.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 04:31 Edited at: 7th Nov 2016 05:57
Thanks LBFN! I checked out the examples but I don't see any DBA sources just DBPRO project files. Can you include that as well?

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 12:30
Sorry about that. Source files are in the attached file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 14:10
Thanks LBFN! Just what I need to get started

Just a quick question with the Container Demo, why are all AI's not be able to move up and down the ramp? Is it just not setup correctly?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 03:30
Quote: "Just a quick question with the Container Demo, why are all AI's not be able to move up and down the ramp? Is it just not setup correctly?"

Not sure, but I would assume as much. Can't say I ever really noticed that before. They seem to do a decent job on the main level.

punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 08:24
Thanks LBFN, I'll just do some test with my own level object to find out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:44:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:44:31