Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best Software Tool to Convert or Compare DBO Models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PC and Android Games
Posted: 11th Oct 2016 16:14
Hi, I'm trying to replicate a particular DBO model and I don't know what I am missing so I would assume there's a problem with my attempted model.

What's the best tool to convert to DBO or maybe some info on the correct 3d model?
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2016 02:44

Can you attach the model you're trying to replicate?
Any information about a DBO formatted object should be accessible by using DBP's object, limb and vertex commands.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2016 03:44
Hi. It's a Tree-It export model by Evolved. I'm trying to use other tree models with the wind shader but it seems it works only on Tree-It models out of the box.

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 02:49 Edited at: 13th Oct 2016 02:51
I took your oak model and using DBPro, I saved the mesh to an 'x' file. I imported the X file into MilkShape 3D, re-assigned the textures and exported it as an .x file. I then loaded the X file into DBPro and saved it as a .dbo file. I don't really see much difference between the two. As far as replicating, are you talking about cloning it? I'm not sure I understand the problem. Just for fun, I cloned the revised oak and it worked fine. Pic included too. Simple code I used:

So many games to code.....so little time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 06:02
thanks a lot LBFN! I'm using Fragmotion and it looks like it does not do proper export.

So saving a model to DBO is built-in to DBPro. Does that include all materials/textures and animations? I guess I have to try it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:36:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:36:20