Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Which developer focused websites / magazines do you read?

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 15:19
Hi all,

As app developers, can you share which developer focused websites / magazines you read on a regular basis?

BTW, the next build of AppGameKit is in the pipe-works!

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 15:26
I used to read Develop when I was in the industry, now I just get the drip feed updates from them on social media.

How about answering your own question? I'd be interested to learn what you guys read. There's probably stuff on your list that many of us haven't heard of but would find of value.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 17:03
CodeProject
Intel
MSDN
Anything interesting that appears in my Google feed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2016 21:51 Edited at: 13th Oct 2016 21:51
I'm mostly keeping up on stuff in the indie game scene. No high level science sources from me I'm afraid.
I daily visit IndieDB (I've been with this community longer than the existence of this particular sister-site and I recommend it). I sometimes lurk on TIG Source. The forum is where it's happening.
Regards Sph!nx
nickele upgraded
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 00:20
Gamasutra.com has extremely interesting articles, not only about development (although some very advanced stuff), but also about various aspects of development postmortems, publishing & advertising in various stores and covers -imo- most developers.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 06:38
Years ago:
http://www.drdobbs.com/
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 16:03
+1 for Gamasutra.

Not sure how wide you were going with this, but if you include blogs/communities and stuff, I would add Robert C. Martin's Clean Coder blog, Ask A Game Dev, Game Dev Daily, and Handmade Dev, and less often Preshing on Programming, The Old New Thing, and Joel on Software.
tboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 16:53
gamesandlearning.org
html5gamedevs.com
prog21.dadgum.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:58:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:58:04