Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Solar System Simulation

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 23:06 Edited at: 26th Oct 2016 23:08
A few guys at the office decided to have a compo for xmas to simulate the solar system.
I thought I'd have a go using AppGameKit (they are all using WebGL - some guy is even doing it fully ray traced!)
Anyway, I thought I'd have a go, as there's a lot of basic stuff to do which would benefit a lot of people in this area, so I've uploaded a video link here to show where I'm up to.

There's a great (unique?) technique for a universe skybox / milkyway which solves all the common wrapping problems in space, as well as semi-complex rotation issues, lighting and other effects.

This is an early version, but shows some fx, such as accretion disk generation, mass orbit groups and uses techniques such as hi-poly normal baking which I recently found out how to do!

Any questions, I'll be happy to share any code/techniques. If you want to keep up with events, then just subscribe to the youtube channel and you'll see any new updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0T63cvzwFs
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2016 21:45
That's pretty awesome, love the sun effect.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 04:05
The only thing I can say is WOW!
Is this Tier1 or Tier2?
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 09:14
Here is my interpretation, which I am using for a challenge

Uses embedded data for images and such like, so it massive and attached

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 14:47
Quote: "Uses embedded data for images and such like, so it massive "
The idea of "No Media" is that you have to get creative in generating media through code, and thus make the end product as tiny as possible. Just copying all the media into vast arrays of code is just
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 13:25
I'm using tier 1 for this. It's come on a long way since then - full night/day earth transitions, animated storms on jupiter etc.

I'm now working on a system which allows you to storyboard the whole scene with lightwave/blender etc. using placeholders.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 23:56 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 23:57
Something of an update. Here's some newer lens flare effects which work nicely for sun and engine effects.
The Engine effects do look pretty good, as they are a mixture of shaders, sprites and blend modes. The ship engine effects also have occlusion working as well, so is almost a complete effect now.

The sun effect is also updated with selective additive and more sprite effects for bloom. The sprites now sit properly on the sphere and face the camera for the right effect from all positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQINJrNlvM
Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 00:04
That lens flare looks really cool, nice works nz0
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:13:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:13:45