Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 2, where is it?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 23:50
I want to make sure I'm buying the right thing. From the TGC store it has various packages but they only say App Game Kit, doesn't say version 2 or anything.
And does anyone know if there is a discounted upgrade to version 2?

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 00:28
i guess this "Buy App Game Kit - Premium Pack" for 60€ contains this v2 at tgc store.
its also there as one product.
(this also at good price there "Buy The Game Creators Collection" €80.24)
in steam say said also App Game Kit and the details said "App Game Kit 2 is an easy & instant game ..."
i saw it often at steam as offer.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.21 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.6) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 08:12
Steam only has AppGameKit V2.
It's difficult to say what offers are available because they change once you own the product. But generally, the bundles are cheaper than the basic product.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 09:45 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 10:13
Quote: "Steam only has AppGameKit V2."

if it is ture then tgc should describe it in her shop, and/or having 2 products very old and up to date.
if me would purchase it there without any version i expect a current version.
in supermarket me also not expect old bananas.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.21 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.6) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 12:03 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 12:03
We only have V2 straight bananas in the UK. Old V1 bananas are not for sale any more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 12:50
I miss the curvature of the older style v1 bananas, but these new v2 bananas are a better fit for the canons.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 12:59
All joking aside, Phaelax does make a very good point. The "V1" AppGameKit was just called App Game Kit, and that is all that appears on the TGC Products page. The V2 product is called AppGameKit V2 and cannot be found on there. I understand that they are probably just mis-labeled, but with AppGameKit V1 still available to buy in various "bundles", I'd not know the difference if I weren't intimately close to the TGC products. I'd be like "why buy from TGC when I can get it in the xxx bundle for 10% of the cost!?". Personally, I think it's time they retired the old V1, and give everyone an automatic upgrade to V2 (or at least a discounted upgrade path).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 15:27
If v1 is still offered, then I really hope I didn't just purchase the wrong one. I bought the "App Game Kit - Premium Pack" for $65. I just activated my steam key but I still see no download in my products page. I know they do each order manually (for whatever unholy reason I don't know why it's not automatic like 100% of the rest of the internet), but it did state that it'd be ready almost instantly. And if this isn't v2, I'm going to ask for a refund.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 16:06
If it's V1, we will all mail Rick and tell him you need V2 to spearhead the Challenge thread
TutCity is being rebuilt
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 18:23 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 18:26
I was a bit confused about the version I had when setting it up last night myself. Everything is just titled AppGameKit or App Game Kit, was expecting to see AGK2 somewhere.

The version listed in help > about was 2.0.something, so I assume that is agk2, but it could just be taken as an update version of the agk1 product.

I guess it's just when you know the products, it's logical, but when you don't and its described / referred to in several different forms and branding in various places, it is a bit ambiguous.

So I guess it seems that there is not an agk1 and an agk2, there is simply AppGameKit, with the current major version being sold separately from the older

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 00:28
Really wish I could just upgrade instead of buying the whole thing all over again. And I'm still waiting for it to show up. I'm starting to see why others have complained about the tgc store in the past.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 09:05
Quote: "I just activated my steam key"

Download it through steam then?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 09:19
Mobiius has a good point, it will be in your Steam client.
If you don't like using Steam, once downloaded you can create a shortcut and run it standalone.
TutCity is being rebuilt
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 09:26
And it'll always be kept updated. Something DBPro could have used!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 14:13
Because I HATE steam. Plus, this download doesn't include everything that was listed in the package I bought.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 14:59
Well, everything I've been told about not needing Steam once AppGameKit is installed has been a lie. It will not run without steam running in the background. This is the dumbest thing they've ever done.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 14:59
I just checked my account and I don't have any "Steam purchase" download option. I think you'll have to install through Steam
TutCity is being rebuilt
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 15:03 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 15:06
Apparently the option to disconnect it from Steam is in Build Options.
The other thing is that the icon it creates will start Steam. You need to locate the exe and make your own shortcut.

this is all theoretical, I don't use Steam.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216905
TutCity is being rebuilt
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 16:15
You don't need to be online to run AGK2. Yes, the steam client will start when running the DEFAULT, steam provided icon. (But you can start steam in offline mode)
I can also confirm that running the editor directly does not even require the steam client to run, or to be online.

Find the editor in the default location of:
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 16:54
Quote: "I can also confirm that running the editor directly does not even require the steam client to run, or to be online."

Great, thanks for that tidbit. I didn't even think about how the icon linked to the app.

I wish they didn't get rid of the built-in theme editor. I found the theme files though, I'll have to play around with those to get the color scheme I want.

For those of us who aren't adamant steam users, I really wish TGC would update the product page a little bit. A statement that not only says hey yes this is in fact AppGameKit 2 but how to go about downloading it once you've purchased it. I kept waiting for it to popup in my account as a download like all the other TGC products.

It looks like the included asset packages were included with the download, it wasn't a separate download. It was listed under the DLC menu.

I bought this so I could keep up with everyone in the new AppGameKit challenges, so you all must now compete every week to make this purchase justified for me!

Ronnie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 12:34 Edited at: 29th Oct 2016 15:09
I’ve just installed the AGK2 beginners pack through steam, and everything with program itself seems fine but for the life of me I can’t find where they have put the beginners guide or asset pack although steam says they are installed OK. Help on steam seems a waste of time so can anybody point me to the location of these files?

I just found that these can accessed from the DLC ? tab in the editor.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2016 23:42
Are you freaking kidding me! Just two days after I pay $65 for AppGameKit, it goes up on steam for less than $30 with a new AppGameKit version coming in November. Talk about getting royally screwed over.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 03:19
Yeah, I thought about your recent purchase as soon as I saw that banner

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 08:54
What makes it worse, I paid £13 from humble bundle which included AGK1, AGK2, game guru, and a whole bunch of other stuff....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:03:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:03:57