Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 19:18 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 14:02
Decided to move over from puzzle games and try to make an Action Game, this one called MarbleMan.

Its basically a variant cross between marble maze and pacman.

The idea is to guide MarbleMan home before his house burns down.

In his way, depending on level, bottomless holes and death stars. Collisions with either will lose a life.

The death stars roam the area using both a random and A.I approach to track you down.

The bottomless holes however can be used to your advantage, because if the death star should spin into one, it will freeze, giving you a slight reprieve from being chased.

Here is a video clip to show progress so far: - The text overlays are for info only on this video and not part of the game.

I still have quite a bit to do including getting the tilt option perfected, but the touch button part works well.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

oops, forgot to say, there are 21 levels but each level has 1000's of different layouts so you are unlikely to play the same game twice.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 18:01
Hi everyone, I've had quite a few views but zero posts which must mean something is dreadful.
If I had a bit of constructive criticism I may have been able to amend things sooner, but I took a step back and came up with 2 main problems.
1) video is far too long
2) graphics are naff.

I have created a quick much shorter video which shows some better graphics, I hope, but by cutting it there may be some difficulties following MarbleMan, and the background music is badly affected.
Hope it proves better though.

Cheers
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 20:43
I decided to publish this one through Google Play Store, link for anyone interested:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batgames.net.marbleman

I have also created an HTML5 cut down trial version should anyone like to try it out, link is:
http://www.batgames.net/pages/web-apps

The trial web version only has 2 levels but each level has countless maze variations, i will leave that to you to find out how.

Anyway, have fun if you try.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:48:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:48:47