Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] AGK Linux issue - Gamepad buttons not responding correctly.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 16:30 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2016 14:14
*** ISSUE RESOLVED ***

Hi all,

I've been away from AppGameKit for several months. Now I've got an updated Ubuntu and the latest version of AppGameKit (via Steam) and I've returned to work on my game... only to find the joypad buttons are not responding, rendering the game totally unplayable. Is anyone else experiencing such issues? This all worked perfectly on a previous release, with the same hardware. My rig plays games (Steam, emulators) without problems.
Before I bug TGC about it, I thought I'd ask the community. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

DETAILS:
AGK v2.0.21 running on 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04LTS, with X-box controller.
Analogue sticks, Dpad and triggers respond as expected (including pressing the sticks as buttons).
All other buttons appear dead.

Even this simple script fails:

NB: There is no difference whether using GetRawJoystickButtonState, GetRawJoystickButtonPressed or GetRawJoystickButtonReleased.
The first button pressed registers briefly as "(B) Red", regardless of which button is actually pushed, and then no further pushes are registered.
No errors or debug info displayed.
AGK Linux user.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 12:23
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Thanks, fixed for the next version. This affected all version of Linux and Raspberry Pi.
NGP
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 14:12
Thanks Paul, that's awesome news!
AGK Linux user.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 15:43
Not sure if this is related to my issue, but on the Pi, my mouse button registers as always clicked. My menu buttons trigger as soon as I hover over them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 15:05
Quote: "Not sure if this is related to my issue, but on the Pi, my mouse button registers as always clicked"

This wouldn't be related. Does that happen all the time or only after the window has lost and regained focus? Or some other event?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:49:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:49:56