Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to do "unlock full version" of my app?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 21:27 Edited at: 21st Nov 2016 19:40
[edit 11/21/16]
I hope everyone who comes here is also aware of this thread.
[/edit]

Hi,

I'm using AppGameKit v2 , tier 1 (basic)

I am getting ready to release an app on Android, and i want to have a single release that is free until a certain level (of the game), and then you have to pay once to "unlock the full version".

I do *not* want to have 2 or more versions.

So, when a user runs the app,
should i use " GetInAppPurchaseAvailable ( iID ) " to verify it,
or would you recommend saving a local file on their device that says , "yes, you bought this" ?
or some other method?

What do experienced users recommend?

Thanks!

Bob
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 22:22
never trust the client for authentication / authorization.

using a local file seems like it would be easy to fool the app if a user got "clever".

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 22:54
I'm fairly sure i can come up with something difficult to replicate

I would still like to hear from other users.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 23:25
Maybe do it in a file like Ortu suggests not, but work on binary level.

Each byte has 8 1's or 0's, so

- In one of you assets - choose a media file of some sort, check a BIT of one of the files and if say location offset at 203902 for example is 0 then its currently
in demo mode.

- When buy the game - install an updated meda file (not the EXE / Compilation BYC file... the media one, check the 203902 offset of the media file, and if its set to 1 then
its the full game

- Could also implement something like a CRC checking mechanism of all your game assets and if they meet the same CRC for all your media then the game (hasn't been
tampared with.

If its incorrect CRC check, then the game stops and doesn't run again, until re-downloaded / re-installed.

Anyway - sleep time

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 23:38
Ive given myself an idea there..

I shall prepare something in the morning and then attach to here to show you how I image it working..

1. Create a game.
2. Making use of an asset... Say a "ball.png" image..
3. I have written some code to grab the byte codes from images to store into one single array.
4. I can use this array in my game and change a bit number for one of the bytes -- so that the image still looks the same once changed.
5. Now can use the purchasing techniques that you described and once *Paid*.
- Rebuild the Ball.PNG automatically from the Array and create a new ball.png from it.
6. Jobs a good en

Ill send something sometime tomorrow
Damo
Started coding with AMOS
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 23:46
Hey, Damo, cool idea there, i totally get you.

But this is getting derailed, i'm hoping to hear from someone who successfully launched a "free app with single-purchase-unlock-full-version"

haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 16:10
easiest way is to create 2 apps.
a paid one
and a free version
and in the free version put a link for the full version
it will save you a lot of trouble

however If u will sell any other items in any of the versions then yeah you must protect it somehow but if its only for full game or not I highly recommend using 2 versions. users wont mind . btw
what the game is all about ? got me curios .
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 22:22 Edited at: 6th Nov 2016 22:22
I don't want to have 2 versions, simply so that when people rate it, they are rating the same thing.
I'm pretty sure i got it right, i'm thinking about pushing it to my beta channel first, but we'll see...

It's called "Curse Of Yendor" , and it's a rogue-like dungeon crawler: swords and sorcery, monsters and loot.
https://ibol17.itch.io/the-curse-of-yendor

It launches on android and steam greenlight nov 14th (so if you're going to get excited about it, do it next monday
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 01:27
OK, so i am set to launch on Nov 14th on the Android store, with a single version of the app that is free until level 4, then requires a single IAP to activate full version.

Also, I have Amazon set up to launch just a paid version, and i will also post a free demo version, effectively trying both methods, but in different markets.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 11:42
Hi Ibol

Have you managed to work something out with this, or would you still like some code to be able to achieve this

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 16:46
Well, i thought i had it worked out, but people can't actually make the single IAP . it says "you're not logged in".

I have decided not to try to store any local variables about activation, google should handle that.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't tested IAP with AppGameKit for a very long time, but issues like this by multiple people are concerning since it is often an issue on TGC's side that we must depend on Paul for a fix. Each of the last few releases have had some issue that has reduced my confidence in using it for over half a year.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 23:12
I'm new to this excellent AppGameKit (since Oct 2016) so I'm pretty new to a lot of things - but I'm picking it up fairly fast.

Surely I will be heading in that direction of In-Play Authentication stuff and indeed IAPs necessary, so I cannot be much more help at moment.

Ill take a look soon when my game project I'm working on develops more.

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2016 19:26 Edited at: 19th Nov 2016 19:27
Well hey, everyone,

My game is released, on google play, just one version, with a single IAP for unlocking the full version, and as far as i can tell, it's working fine (and yes, people are buying it, so there is some evidence to support that)

Good talk here.

AGK is pretty good
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2016 19:38 Edited at: 19th Nov 2016 19:47
I have downloaded and played it, its well cool

Well done.Hope it brings you lots

Shall vote on steam very soon

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 16:13
Nicely done Will look at it later (at work).

So you went with GetInAppPurchaseAvailable?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:15:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:15:57