Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / DEPTH BUFFER SetRenderToImage() working ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everone.
Im rendering the depth of a scene to an RGBimage using a shader, then im using this shader for depth testing. it works but the depth resolution is limited to a single channel of the RGB.
i would rather render the 32bit depth buffer direct to an image and send that. I see that AppGameKit can do it but it doesn't seem to be working???

//As a test
// i created a couple of images one set to rgb and the second for rendering depth
CreateRenderImage (2,2048,2048,0,0) //rgba
CreateRenderImage (3,2048,2048,1,0) //depth

//I render the scene using the render to image like this
SetRenderToImage(2,3)
//where the color info goes to image 2 and the Z depth goes to image 3
//The color is working fine. but the Depth buffer seems to be empty, no depth information at all.

Is this a broken feature of AppGameKit ????? for people writing shaders this is extremely important.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 17:36
It should work, how are you accessing the depth buffer image? Note that currently only 3D objects use the depth buffer.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried it and on Mac , displaying the generated depth buffer using a sprite , and everything is "white", also tried to save the image to see if there was something in the alpha but nothing.

The scene is rendered as normal , but it looks like its still using the 16bit Mac depth buffer (-1) and not the depthImage selected in SetRenderToImage.

But then again the generated depthImage its WHITE so something is going into it ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:27:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:27:41