Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Animation from 3D scenes (lightwave, blender etc.) issue

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 13:42
I'm working with reading LWS scenes for animation control and seem to have come across a fundamental problem.
When you load the scene file using LoadObjectWithChildren(), any keyed objects (I'm just using placeholders in the scene and generating my own models etc.) in the scene have models autocreated (fine!) from 100002 onward. I'm assuming 100001 is assigned to the scene "object"?

However, I'm not able to associate a given auto created AppGameKit object with an "actual" object whereby I know what it is.. e.g. in my solar system scene, the placeholder for mercury may be any of the numbered objects but I don't know which one. I thought I could load and examine the scene file independently, but there's no association with the generated object number and the actual model used in the scene.

For example, the order of the objects in the scene file are not the order of the objects generated. Nor are they alphabetical or any other order I can determine?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2016 09:36
Try naming your objects in the editor, then using GetObjectBoneName( objID, boneIndex ) in AppGameKit to identify it.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 19:39
Thanks. Once I'd applied a rotation key to an object, a "pivot:xxxx" bone appeared in the bone list with that object associated with it. It's the only way so far than I can see it working, although I'll have to fixobjecttobone() now instead, but it can work...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:19:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:19:57