Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Anybody coding on their tablet using remote desktop app or any other alternative?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

Maybe out of the game making or AppGameKit topic. But let say like me u r hobbyist coder that code some free time. After my real life work, i like to sit down or lay down rather than sit in front of my laptop or desktop. I wonder that if there is any good and easy to use remote app so that i can code on the couch

Thanks.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2016 23:28 Edited at: 21st Nov 2016 23:30
Windows remote desktop is one of the best for responsiveness and display quality, but the machine you are connecting into has to be running at least windows pro. Android app is well designed and easy to use.

Team viewer is also quite good for responsiveness and quality, and is easy to get connected without mucking about with ports and ips. Not sure If team viewer has an android app but id be surprised if it didn't.

Vnc will also work, but this is a big more sluggish. I've used both ultra and real. The real Vnc app on android is pretty well designed, similar to the remote desktop app and can connect into an ultra Vnc server no problem.

All that said, at the end of the day, coding from a touch keyboard is a pain in the A. Would not recommend it.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2016 10:49
You could make a PI laptop, or get a cheap Win10 tablet with keyboard. We just started getting these Linx10 tablets, Win10, and they come with a solid keyboard stand that turns it into a little laptop. These things even have 2 full size USB ports on the side and cost about £130 - not a bad option for coding on the go without the hassle of transferring files or WiFi connectivity. I haven't tried AppGameKit on it, not directly, but the compiled programs work great, so I'd expect that it works on Windows mobility as well.
The code is dark and full of errors
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the software suggestion i try the remote desktop app first...then would love to look for win10 tablet ti is a good idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:27:46