Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / making a 3d object glow

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 07:10
how would one do that ?
so I know its about shaders
cause I don't want another object over the main object with alpha manipulations cause it will take too much from the gpu

so I guess its shader time...
is there a ready shader here to use ?
I have the planet earth in my game (space game) and I want the aura of earth when you look at it from space

any help will be much appreciated
maybe even address me to a site that teaches how to use shaders and I guess i'll be able to work something out with the agk docs about shaders
but if there is a ready shader for this kind of things it will save me a lot of time .

Thank you for your time.
haliop.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 17:15
I been thinking today on how on earth ones create shaders too - the contents of the PS file.

Is there any special documentation on how to code things in that PS file at all?

Anyone with any tutorials would be greatly appreciated

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 17:21
There's a bloom shader demo in the examples. That makes a glow effect. The most recent GG loader by Preben allow bloom to be applied to individual objects, which is probably just what you are after. Here's the thread: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216912?page=2#msg2590949

I have no idea how it works, but it looks fantastic!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 17:54
still looking for shader tutorials + agk shader tutorials.
the one in the example shows only for full screen quad which is not what I'm after
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 18:17
Quote: "still looking for shader tutorials"

There are some ressources in this board, some information in the AppGameKit shader thread and even in the manual gives us some information about shaders "agk shader guide", but currently it`s learning by doing. :/
Anyway, some good ressources for specific shader tasks can be found on www.shadertoy.com it helped me a lot. Just move though the code and see the example

[/url]
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 06:13
I don't really get shadertoy I have looked inside its pages to learn but its too complicated and not similar to AppGameKit shaders or am I wrong..
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 09:18 Edited at: 29th Nov 2016 09:19
Easy, place a plain over your planets location, slightly larger than your planet, texture with an image such as the below. (There are all kinds of glows you can do, this is just an example and the first thing I found on google.)

No shaders, and a nice glow effect.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:41:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:41:01