Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Can't load shader?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 14:22
Hi all. I've got a user who is getting a "File does not exist" error on a particular line. I checked that line out and it's a LOAD EFFECT command.

So I confirmed that the effect in question that is being asked for is legitimate, and that the file exists in his game directory and that it isn't corrupted, and everything checks out. And yet, he still keeps getting that error...

Are there certain video card/driver combinations which would prevent a particular shader from loading at all? It's just one user having this happen out of literally several hundred... For everyone else it works fine, and they're all using the same version (it's going via Steam)
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2016 23:34
Check shader model capabilities of the card vs what the shader is using?

Maybe have them try a smaller test app that loads that shader.

Dbpro is notorious for not reporting exact line of an issue correctly

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 22:49
In the interest of legacy, we found a solution to this problem, and it was an obscure one.

Re-installing the C++ and .NET frameworks made their computer able to load the shaders.... Not sure why this worked, but it did!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:36:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:36:27