Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / weird bug - adding one more alpha transperent object destroys the entire game - images attached

Author
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 08:48
so I'm expriancing something very weird
I have the planet earth as a sphere object
I have it textured
I have a track that builds itself
and a spaceship that runs over the track

now I want to add a glow effect to planet earth so it will look much smoother and cooler
first thing came to mind is adding a glow or bloom shader but the bloom shader presented in the examples is for full screen quad which is something I don't need
so until i'll get a bloom shader that works directly on objects Mobiius offered to add a simple plane object slightly bigger then planet earth object with a Glow Texture
so I searched google for a decent glow image and found 2 .
one is a jpg which I had to convert to png and add alpha
and one is a png which I only had to add the alpha to it.

so my project is running well and everything but once I have added a new plane object with one of those textures
made the object SetObjectTransparency(planeObject,1) the entire game went from alright to black as the night offers.
images attached.
please help.

this is very weird cause it should work.
I have tried with 2 different images and now I'm afraid to add more objects/images to my game since this could happen.

theres no fancy code here
simple
CreateObject
SetObjectImage
SetObjectTransparancy to 1

so this is an image from the start of the game with the glow object transparency set to 0

and this is when setting it to 1

thank you for your time.
haliop.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 09:00
Care to post your code? We can't fix a problem based on screenshots alone..
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 09:31
its very simple
theres a lot of code down there
I don't really want to post my entire game
its a problem...

i'll take another look.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I fixed it
it was another problem all together
I tried to blend 2 textures without a shader for blending it made the game go craze...

sorry for this post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:42:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:42:59