Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / artifacts on objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 02:16
using Dbpro
attached is the image. There are artifacts on the objects instead of a smooth even surface there is a discoloration
currently using ghost object 1,2
set object 1,1,1,0
set blend mapping on 1,0,1,0,26.

its possible im going about it the wrong way but what I was trying to do was have multiple objects that were semi transparent with a very light texture like looking through multiple layers of stained glass
tried using alpha but I cant see textures on another object behind an object
is there another way to achieve this affect if the problem is coding.
A child's dream never dies.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 06:08
That appears to be 'z fighting' where 2 faces occupy the same space. To eliminate it, you will need to space them more, or remove conflicting polygons.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 06:26
that's what I was thinking like 2 faces fighting for priority. Not sure what I did but I resolved the issue im sure there was a redundant line of code somewhere I deleted that was conflicting. It simultaneously fixed a few other problems I was having thank you for your response ortu below is how it looks now how its supposed to look
A child's dream never dies.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
I had this problem too.
Remedied it by decreasing the gap between minimum and maximum camera render distance.

If the minimum distance is too small (0.01) and the maximum distance is too high (1000000) then there wil be more z-fighting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:32:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:32:19