Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Notifications on Android not opening app when clicked

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 15:29
Hi

Don't know if this is a bug but local notifications won't open the app/game when clicked on an Android device. Is this a known problem? I can't see what I could be doing wrong. I haven't got an iOS device anymore to see if it works on one of those. The notifications themselves are showing up correctly and as scheduled but when you click on them the notifications disappear but nothing else happens. It doesn't open the app.

As it goes I'm not overly bothered that it doesn't work for this particular project but interested to know if it's a known problem.

Thanks

Kevin

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 16:48
It was working for me last time I checked - on Android 4.3.

Does it do anything at all when you click the local notification? Try running your app through broadcast, and then click the notification - it should just launch the player.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 15:56
I've programmed mine to come up after 24 hours after an event so not so easy to test it in the AppGameKit Player, however I did just test the local notification example that comes with AppGameKit 2 and that didn't work for me either. The notification showed as expected but when I clicked on it nothing happened apart from the notification disappearing.

I don't have another Android device to test it on but might have access to one tomorrow so will try on that to see if it's a problem on my phone only.

Thanks

Kevin
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 17:35
I've tried this on another Android device, using the example notification program included with AppGameKit 2 via AppGameKit Player and the notifications showed but clicking on them did nothing but clear the notification. It didn't open AppGameKit Player so would appear to be a bug now.

Thanks

Kevin
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 17:20
Thanks, fixed for the next version
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 12:44