Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP Free for Win10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear Community,

i read that DBP is now free. Where can i download the installer (not the sources).
Can i use DBP on Windows 10. It's not possible to install DirectX 9.0c. I also read that it is no problem to run DX 10 and 11 on the same Win 10 installation but also DY 9.0c.
Is there a tutorial for installing DBP with all its features on Win 10?

Thank you for your help and best regards,
ScoobyDoobyDoo
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 08:38
there is no installer. just download the whole directory and put it in one folder you'll have to update the compiler path most likely from inside the editor one downloaded so it can find it..
A child's dream never dies.

Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 23:09
Also, Directx 9.0c can be used on windows 10. It doesn't interfere in any way with your Directx 11 installation, as I have both 9.0c and 11 installed.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 07:32
anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of or find the last available dbpro build before it went open source? I have trouble with the open source version. installed open source and it works but everytime I compile it I have to reopen the project because it somehow miraculously compiles a non existent code into and executable. I can literally highlight and delete all my code and the exe and it still compiles and runs a bit baffling actually. I have an old version that came with my book like 10 year ago that ive been using since I got it but there are several command plus direct x updates that I need to utilize that mine does not support.

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 23:08
what version do you have? (look up Help/About)
I have all the upgrades/patches from 059 up to U77 in case you may want to try those

smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 04:36 Edited at: 31st Jan 2017 04:39
Scorpio using 1.69 mines never given me an option to update it had it for quite a while. update would be nice or the full program. don't know if the ula is still intact or not since its open source, would buy 1.071 if it was still available dbp is part of my life now its how unwind after work.

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 09:19
PM sent
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 15:40
Due to so many people having issues with the open source version, and with the inability to activate new installs of the older official releases, if TGC gives approval, I'd be happy to upload (or commit to git) an activated copy of the official paid version updated to U77.

It's portable and doesn't require install or activation: It's a copy of my original installation, i've copied over and used it on a number of different machines and from USB drives. It has no paid plugins.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:46:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:46:07