Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Listening Port and shared stream ports easy to set up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2016 07:10
I had some trouble with my older computers and old AppGameKit where I would need to open ports in order for the broadcasting to work...
To my real Amazement the 2016 version of AppGameKit 2 connects with all my devices via wifi almost magically as an App or as a test broadcast... BRAVO!
(either my security is not set up correctly or I allowed them access through my firewall at some point?)

So this seems to me like most of the bugs are worked out for network failures etc...

So I go to my work and his setup is like 1 main router- 2 extra routers and a hub...
I figure I need to open a port in the main network router (the cable that comes from outside that is provided by my "cable" company to the router that they provided)... in order to allow my game to talk to each other on the wifi...
Is this correct? ie: make sure port 5689 and 45631-45645 is open? and they should be tcp?

Quote: "Some ports are used by AppGameKit for internal networking and should not be used by your application. Port 5689 is used to manage apps broadcasted from the T1 IDE. Port 45631 is used for named network connections. Port 45633 is used for file broadcasting and port 45635 is used by the AppGameKit Viewer to stream content and input data between device and the IDE when native execution is not possible on the device itself."
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 22:29
When a device runs the AppGameKit player it will send broadcast packets to 255.255.255.255 on UDP port 5689, and it will start listening on TCP port 5690. When the IDE starts broadcasting an app it will listen for broadcast packets on UDP port 5689 and it will attempt to connect on TCP port 5690 to anything that is sending one. You can also force the IDE to attempt to connect to a specific IP address in the build settings if the broadcast packets aren't getting through for some reason.

So if you set the IP in the build settings their only needs to be a valid path from the IDE to the device on TCP port 5690.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:22:31