Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Add On Content To DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been gone for a while and when I came back I saw that they are no longer offering the addons to DBPro such as Dark Clouds, Dark Imposter Box 2D, etc. I looked on GITHUB and could not find those either. I was really hoping to acquire them and so I ask if anyone knows how to gain access to the keyword files associated with them so I can add them to DBPro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LIFE: \"That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die\"
~V.J.C. 2003
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 15:35 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 15:50
I was thinking about the same thing recently;
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the plugins available in one easy to find place, now that apparently no one cares about selling them?

Thanks to MadBit, I think Blitzwerks Terrain is in working order and available here.

Here are Dark Dynamix and Dark Imposters

I've attached some various ones I had sitting on my flash drive...
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 18:46 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 18:49
Thank you indeed for your help. Have some penguins! lol I hope we can find more because I still believe that great stuff can be done in DBPro with enough time and effort. So if anyone else out there can assist us and others who are hoping to keep using DBPro we would greatly appreciate it!!
LIFE: \"That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die\"
~V.J.C. 2003
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 01:17
Does anyone have any leads on the avalibility of Dark Lights or Advanced Lighting or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days?
Is it free? Is it archived? Does it come with mustard and onions?

Can we shed some light on the status of the various plugins?
Anyone care to weigh in? ...
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 14:30 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 14:31
Advanced ligthing is free, it is a collection of dba source files and shaders, it provides real time lighting and other shader effects

http://www.evolved-software.com

Dark lights was a paid plugin for static light mapping I think, I dont think it has been made available
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 17:55 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 19:07
When the Dbpro upgrades were available they would periodically have a extras download starting with version 5.8, I believe. Here is the link to version 7.5 upgrade extras. The file name for DarkLights is LighMapper.dll.

http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_5_extras.zip

Here is the keyword file I made for it.

Edit: The source code for DarkLights is available in the open source version on GitHub.

After a quick check of my archives, the extra downloads began with version 6.6.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 00:19 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 14:51
Thanks for clearing up the names for me Ortu!
And Wicked, what do I name the keywords file after I paste it into notepad?

As for source code, I'm not exactly sure what compiling that entails. After 6 years I'm only like, 2 layers deep into the onion of DBPro.

I am terribly helpless when it comes to anything not involving the DOT command.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 00:36
Once in notepad, save it as LightMapper.ini and save it your keyword folder.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 00:25
Thanks Wicked!
Sorry for the delay, I got mesmerized by voxels for a min.

Since DarkLights is licensed content, I think it requires its own certificate. I have the keywords and .dll installed and relaunched DBP and everything looked fine but I can't get the commands to run (like LM Set Ambient Light which should be an easy one.)

If anyone can share the cert file I will gladly zip everything together for easy download, if that's all legal and allowed and everything, of course...
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 01:16
I have been using the LightMapper.dll from the 7.4 extras which does not require the certificate. I assumed the 7.5 extras would be the same.

http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/upgrade/dbpro_upgrade_7_4_extras.zip

You can also download the open source from GitHub which contains the certificates. The problem here is that the certificates seem to be linked. So, you can't just add the certificate for Dark Light and expect it to work. You will need to replace all the certificates in your folder. If you do this and have certificates for plugins that are not in the open source version, those plugins will most likely not work anymore.

Gotta love it!
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 14:27

Quote: "So, you can't just add the certificate for Dark Light and expect it to work. You will need to replace all the certificates in your folder. If you do this and have certificates for plugins that are not in the open source version, those plugins will most likely not work anymore.

Gotta love it!"

Oh, that sounds like a whole "Pandora's Box" thing just waiting to happen.
Before I tried any of that I guess would back up my entire directory just to be safe.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 17:14
I just backed up the certificates folder. But it's a good idea to keep copy of the entire directory.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2017 14:33

Nothing to report, just a bump to this thread... trying to keep it open in case any other useful plugins become available.
If you know of a free plugin not listed above give a shout!

(If anyone knows of a decent code, plugin or tutorial for object fracture that would be marvelous!)
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 06:26
I can upload my purchased plugins ( if it legal now )
The community is not dead! DBPro Ex thread get over 6.000 views and also there are new
members on forum every month.Stuff like DarkShader will be very useful for newcomers.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 00:09
Bump!
Been a month since I checked in... Kuper, I say share anything you think is ok to upload! =)
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2017 12:31 Edited at: 26th Apr 2017 12:31
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2017 23:15

Nice collection Kuper!
There have been no complaints so far!
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 16:18 Edited at: 31st May 2017 16:29
I've made this page where uploaded most of paid plugins for DBPro.
https://anyhowengine.wordpress.com/useful-links/
hope this will help someone
This stuff i doesn't have:
CloudWright
SkyMatter
SoundMatter

It will be wonderfull if anyone will upload this!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 16:16
Quite a sticky situation since DBP is open source, yet there is no wa for new users to purchase or download official DBP plugins from TGC.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 00:52 Edited at: 14th Jun 2017 00:54
Quote: "Quite a sticky situation since DBP is open source, yet there is no wa for new users to purchase or download official DBP plugins from TGC."

I am wondering if any of the 3rd party plugin developers even care about their DBP products anymore. Granted, I have taken a questionable route by uploading/linking several things but I have not heard so much as one iota of a complaint from anyone. 'Tis quiet in the DBP woods these days!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 20:51
Kuper, that's an intriguing name for your zip file in this post:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218439?page=1#msg2602014

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 20:16
Just a quick comment - and a quick bump to this thread .

I think I have a better version of the "stitch.zip" code if anyone needs it. It is a handy utility for making images seamless, i.e. ideal for things like rock, grass, natural stone, etc. If I don't post it here, please give me a prod.
Moonwilles
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Now that this thread has been bumped, does anyone here happen to have the rest of the official plugins (DarkCLOUDS, Box2D wrapper, Texture Max and Dark Ink)?

I've searched for hours but haven't been able to find anything.

Thank you.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 23:11
Quote: "Just a quick comment - and a quick bump to this thread .

I think I have a better version of the "stitch.zip" code if anyone needs it. It is a handy utility for making images seamless, i.e. ideal for things like rock, grass, natural stone, etc. If I don't post it here, please give me a prod. "

I actually still use that stitch program on a regular basis!

If you have an improved version, i' d be interested in it.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Moonwilles
Years of Service
User Offline
Green Gandalf, wouldn't it be better if you upload it here for everyone to enjoy?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 16:17 Edited at: 9th Sep 2017 16:18
Ortu and Moonwilles,

Yes, I'll dig it out. If I recall correctly it has a somewhat improved interface, for example, you can re-use the same source image rather than have to reload it as at present. I also have a much faster shader version using the same method, i.e. the calculations are done on the GPU rather than the CPU. I'm not sure whether that version has the handy file handling features which Stab In The Dark Software added to an earlier version of my code. Anyway, your interest has encouraged me to check all this. Might be a day or two while I either dig out or write the new shader version.

Moonwilles, I've received your email about those other add-ins but I'm afraid I can't help you much. Hopefully someone else can help.

Edited silly typos.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 16:45
I'm familiar with his file dialog code and can add it back in if needed

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2017 21:21
OK. Thanks.
Moonwilles
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, Green Gandalf. It's ok, I just tried my luck!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2017 12:25
Quote: "Yes, I'll dig it out. If I recall correctly it has a somewhat improved interface, for example, you can re-use the same source image rather than have to reload it as at present. I also have a much faster shader version using the same method, i.e. the calculations are done on the GPU rather than the CPU. I'm not sure whether that version has the handy file handling features which Stab In The Dark Software added to an earlier version of my code. Anyway, your interest has encouraged me to check all this. Might be a day or two while I either dig out or write the new shader version."

Well it's been a few days now, and no I haven't forgotten this. I've found the shader version but it was more of a Work In Progress than I realized. Here's an update on progress so far.

The good news is that I've spent a bit of time improving it. For example, I've included some extra options to do the following:

1. have the option to do a GIMP style seamless conversion of the image (not exactly the same, mainly because I can't find precise details of the algorithm that GIMP uses ). The shader version is faster than the method used in GIMP (which I suspect relies on the CPU - why can't these professionals use the GPU to do image processing??? ). Admittedly, CPUs are quite fast these days - but GPUs are 100s of times faster for image processing. . The shader version also includes some additional tweaks not available in the GIMP version;

2. an option to include colour balancing. This is particularly important for some images - especially ones where the source image is subject to noticeable lighting variations, etc. I think the GIMP seamless option includes that but it's very easy to add as a tweakable option in the shader. Just need to finish that part of it.

I hope to have a test version available for you to play with early this week. Once I've adjusted and completed the main options I still need to convert the demo to a form that outputs a single seamless image. The present version is suitable for texturing an object so it needs some final changes, but I'll probably give you the object version first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:01:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:01:05