Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetHTTPFile doubt

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 14:39 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 14:51
Hi guys,
maybe someone could point me in the right direction...

In Android (or iOS), where it is saved a file downloaded with this command?
I know the answer is the 'write folder', but which is that in an Android or iOS device? is this the MEDIA/ folder? (the one I read bitmaps from)

What I can do is trying to read a PNG from the server and, in case there are any problem, I have always a bitmap with the same name in my media folder to always show something.

If the file exists in the server, then I download it and it overwrite the last one.
If the file doesn't exists or there is a problem, then I have always the last version of the bitmap..

Is that apparently ok?
What I'm doint basically is downloading the file, it works most of times, but sometimes, the typical AppGameKit "X" appears (when AppGameKit doesn't find a image)
It's weird because I have a image with the same name in the media folder....

Some help or knowledge on this matter would be more than welcome!!!
Thanks a lot in advance!
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 15:24 Edited at: 14th Jan 2017 15:33
Just a note that may help...
Android by default saves any app files to an internal save directory... The only way to read/access it (without using your program) is to move the default directory to GetDocumentsPath()
You can also find this readable folder by using the GetDocumentsPath() command.
One other note that really had me going, was that, the name of a save file must match cases, or it will yield strange results.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:52:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:52:21