Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / More advert companies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, just a small reflexion about Advert side.

Increment the number of Advert companies wouldn't be a bad idea, expand the ones we have in AppGameKit now, Admob, Chartboost and Amazon.

Admob doesn't even have a valid support team/email/contact or group. Going deep with this matter only thing I've found is a "support" forum. There are a lot of complaints for this trhough a lot of development groups.
Yesterday, my admob account was suspended for a month just because I clicked on the banners or intersticials of my app to check if they work ok, frequently when I installed the app on my phone, this maybe generated 0,005€? not sure... Test was not activated, but damn! it is my first app! , and the most curious thing is that you cannot defend yourself or allegate anything against the suspension... is a kind of monopoly where you must to eat what the chef has cook.

Investigating around this matter I can see that there are a lot of people with similar problems where it's been more than 50 days and the account was suspended, and the real problem is the lack of possibilities to contact them.

So as a result of this matter, in order have the bigger amount of possibilities to monetize our apps, I honestly think that make a broader band of companies to include advert (banner and intersticials) would be a must for next versions of AGK.

Comments or other experience will be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 17:18
I personally think that developers need to stop making them money. Its better if we release our projects with reduced functionality and charge for the full version.

If its a game then get the player hooked so they will want to buy the unrestricted version. I hate downloading games that have ads. I bet most people also dislike ads.

I suggest using a purchase option within your game to unlock it.

Does anyone realy make money off of admob that makes it worth it?
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 17:22 Edited at: 20th Dec 2016 17:23
For me, the best way round would be

A free Demo version - with a link at the end of the trial to the Full Game version - for google play apps

Steam Games - have to have a think - cause Steam might not accept Demos

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I absolutely agree. Obviously, making money is something important during App development. However, we are very limited to how we can utilise advertisements. Not having access to rewarded video advertisements is a big no. You may argue that you can do that in Tier 2 But AppGameKit promises easy game development, but learning C++ is no easy task and not being able to do this within tier 1 is a large problem.
Now for the above replies, To sell your apps you would need a Merchant account, (which from my experience) you need a legal business in your country which not everybody can do. Please let me know if there is a way of selling apps as an individual without getting involved with the government.
Also, since your making your first app, let me explain what you can expect from advertisements, also from my experience. From 2 apps, (~1800 downloads) 8000 advertisements displayed and 239 advertisement clicks, 130 Euro. Might not sound like a crazy account, but make a REALLY successful app, and this will add up. Say you made an app with 50k downloads, which is very possible if you make a decent enough game and right advertisement, using our statistics, that would be 3500 euro. Now, this is without any rewarded video ads, and without any in-app-purchases. Damn. Not bad at all? Really makes you think about the games with millions of downloads.
As for admob, you might know already, but if not, In order to get paid you must reach a minimal threshold of 70 Euro. Estimated earnings are also not the same as finalised earnings, which in my case i seen a 7% drop.
Goodluck with your first game!
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Midget Blaster_: Even when you make money through ads, you have to pay taxes for the income you generate. So either or, you are bound to get involved with your government.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 12:44
Quote: "you have to pay taxes for the income you generate."

It depends. you don't have to declare it if it falls below a certain threshold. (Varied by country.)
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 13:16
I hope we don't have to be a company with signing up Google Play or Steam Greenlight

This is just going to be my home hobby and to make a little bit extra in my pocket - not a new company venture.

We just cannot get away from them little tax rascals

Started coding with AMOS
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 13:32
Im signed up with google play under my actual name... i dont have a buisness either. My thoughts are to start declairing money made after 500$ in a year but im sure the threshold is higher where i live. You dont need a buisness to pay taxes...
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 13:47
Thanks @SoftMotion3D - I'm sure its answered the others too, game making is a big money making venture anyway.

There is billions to share in this industry if have the right

concept,
idea,
Design
Graphics is spot on
etc
etc

So if we hit the millions in game selling anyway - then it would be peanuts

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2016 13:58
Quote: "I hope we don't have to be a company with signing up Google Play "

I haven't.
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 06:18 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2016 06:19
Making enough money to live off as an independent developer and publisher is really hard. You need very good quality in your projects for one thing, and then comes the difficult part - marketing. We all got into computers and programming because our people skills are just fantastic, right?!

Point is, there is a lot more to it than just getting some code to work and upload to some app store or other.

To get chance out of the equation, do project work for customers that have a specific need. It isn't games as such, but you do get to use AppGameKit for the front-end if you so wish (and the customer do not mind the non-standard GUI you cook up). Though usually this also mean having to know some backend technology as well. AppGameKit is perfectly fine for the client, not really viable for the server.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 11:39
As this topic is also about advertising in general:

To the people that use adverts in their games/apps: Are you aware, from a client perspective that adverts in apps/games are very annoying and is the main reason people will delete your app/game?
I don't want to offense anyone, I'm just trying to understand why you would choose a business path that a lot of people don't like.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 12:19
Ads done well don't bother me at all. A discreet banner ad, or well placed interstitial is fine. Even the use of reward vids to speed up progress is fine with me. I wish more games had them! Crikey, if I could earn Diamonds in that Beach game that goes Boom by watching a reward vid, I'd be all over it!

Ads only annoy people with lots of expendable income... unfortunately Society in the UK has FAR more people with NO expendable income right now, so monetising with ads is not a bad choice.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:25:17