Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK IDE bug?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 13:59
Hello (I guess this is aimed mainly at Paul)

I've noticed a new bug in the latest version of the AppGameKit IDE. Hard to describe but I'll do my best.....

So I have a line I'm typing out - very standard line of code:

StevenImg = LoadImage("\media\Sprite Sheets\FluffyKnuckles_Steven.png")

But as I'm typing it - seemingly because there is a SPACE character in the filename - as soon as I get the the 'l' character in 'FluffyKnuckles' the IDE jumps to a new line. It then continues to jump to a new line each time I type another character, as if it only happens after a certain line length on a line which contains a space character in a filename...

REALLY hard to describe this sorry... If you copy/paste that line of code into a text document, then start manually typing it out in your IDE you'll see what I mean.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 14:08
Update: it may not have anything to do with the space character... It'll also happen if I type this line out:

StevenLabelImg = LoadImage("\media\Menus\Store\BuyTitles\TOW_Vanilla_Equip.png")

Just keeping you updated with info in the hopes it can be resolved! It's kinda driving me mad!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 14:17
I've just tried typing out both versions and couldn't replicate this. It just typed out as it should.
I'm using 2.0.22
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 14:53
Same. I pasted that line into a fresh project, and can edit it without jumping to new lines. Do you have any custom settings in your IDE config files?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 14:59
I cannot replicate

On your 2nd one - StevenLabelImg = LoadImage("\media\Menus\Store\BuyTitles\TOW_Vanilla_Equip.png")

Is it bringing a new line again when you press 'l'

If so, you may have some kind of sticky keys active or the keyboard characters has changed l to act as an Enter

Doubt it, but it is plausible

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 15:53
In preferences, under the Editor tab, there is a checkbox for Line wrapping. Perhaps you have checked it and it causes this issue for you?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 10:37
Actually quite strange... Booted up my computer today, read all of this and thought I'd try again... Now the editor isn't doing it! No settings changed. I always disable stickykeys on every new computer. And the line wrapping is disabled as it drives me mad...

This only started happening after several straight hours of coding... I'll be doing another stint like that tonight so I'll see if it happens again!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 10:52
if it happens again try other keyboard or onscreen keyboard.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.22 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12)
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 11:01
What's even more strange is that it happened to me this morning.
I hadn't changed the preferences but Line Wrapping was turned on. I turned it off but had to kill AppGameKit and restart it for it to take affect.
My guess is that Line Wrapping is on by default in 2.0.22 where it wasn't in earlier versions.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 13:07
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 13:13
It's not a sticky key issue or a bad keyboard issue. I'm not sure what causes it to start happening, but when it does, it starts capping line lengths. So it's almost as if line-wrap is enabling itself automatically, but just for certain lines in the code...
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Dec 2016 13:25
Is it through Steam?

My version a month or so ago kept on doing strange things in the IDE - and this was because I stopped the Steam Bootstrapper service to diagnose a fault on laptop and was
stopping services left right and centre.

So if your running through Steam - maybe its that causing yours or something to do with it.

I reinstalled steam and it worked ever since.

I sincerely cannot reproduce this issue even turned on line wrapping to see if could replicate it and I cant.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2016 02:24
I'm using the Steam version, but I launch the app directly and have disabled Steam integration in the preferences...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:04