Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Unable to view Boned 3D Model using Advanced Lighting?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 04:56 Edited at: 25th Dec 2016 05:00
Hello everybody.

I tried to view some l3D models using Advanced lighting. They have > 100 limbs/bone. No animation.
I tried to substitute the model into the Col Z project, which is the Advanced Lighting Bone Animation demo.
But the model was unable to be viewed properly. It became like a stick figure of some sort.
I tried to use Normalmap Clip.fx instead of Normalmap.fx, but still no success. Tried other shaders for boned model too, same result.
If I use other shaders that are not intended for boned 3D model, the frame rate will drop massively.

Can you guys help to see if you can load this model properly using Advanced Lighting?
And show me how it's done?
Thanks.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 20:32
60 bone limit.

Also, vertices can be weighted to no more than 4 bones per vertex.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Aww man.

Thanks for confirming.
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Does DirectX in C++ have the same limit or is that just a DBPRo limit?
LIFE: \"That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die\"
~V.J.C. 2003
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 04:52
Offhand I believe it is a limit of the shaders being used in AdvLighting.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2016 17:40 Edited at: 27th Dec 2016 17:43
You do not have to use one object to represent a character however. I am not an advanced lighting user, but you can work around such a limit if you really had to; finger poses and facial expressions could be handled by a seperate objects and sets of bones.

This is something only worth considering if you cannot simply optmize your character to for the required the limit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:48:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:48:43