Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / A conceptual idea

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Dec 2016 23:28
Hello

A good conceptual idea for a game would be compendium game based upon Time and Seasons
Etc

eg.

If the time is 06.00 when you start playing a game - the background will look like morning, or 17.00 - the background looks like evening

If the season is winter time, perhaps put a weather system in to show Snow!, summer is purly sun

If the season is Easter then have an easter game in with chucky eggs, if its around xmas - then have santa game etc

If the seasons is around Nov - then game to do with bonfire, fireworks and Halloween

all the other times then just a joyful standard looking professional game with added features as described above

Just a thought

I just hate to play an App for 1 hour and then put it down to never play again

Damian

Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2016 10:46
Many games already do this. Pokemon is even one of them. WoW I believe is another.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 06:53 Edited at: 16th Jan 2017 06:56
Animal Crossing is the game you described.
It runs in real time, day/night cycle, has all the festivals we had in real life, birthday, seasons, weather, fishing, bug catching, fossil digging, gardening,
On days of festivals all the townpeople go around celebrating, plays firecrackers, ect.
Animal/bugs/fish that you can catch depends on seasons, and time of day.
On Saturday you can watch concert at the cafe.
At different time of the year, the constellations in the sky change accordingly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:40:25