Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / save image not working

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 15:51
My functions draws a digital display to a memblock then creates an image which I use with sprites. That all works just fine. But I'm trying to save the image as a png and it does nothing. Wasn't even entirely sure where AGK2 stores data since it doesn't make a media folder in My Documents like AppGameKit 1 did, but I found the project directory under steam. I searched my drive for digits.png but found nothing so it's not creating it anywhere. I get no errors.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 16:33
It works for me.
I just tried this:

And now I have an png called HeyImaSavedimage in the write path.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong place?
You should be looking in here:
c:\Users\UserName\appData\Local\AGKApps\AppName
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 16:39
your code works good for me on Ubuntu. but you forgot to add endfunction

did you check getWritePath() btw?
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
Lone Star Dive: NOVGO!
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 17:54
Just curious, but did you try loading it from where you think it should be? I know it sounds futile, but I had the same problem awhile back, being unable to find a file saved from AGK. It simply would not appear in the Windows File Explorer regardless of whatever optional settings I tried. However, when I tried to load it from the expected location it did in fact load. The only difference between this file and others that I saved to and loaded from that location was that it was quite small, about 32 bytes as I recall. I never did figure out why it did not appear with the other files in the directory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:24:14