Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Black Ice Mod made FPSC slow

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 02:15 Edited at: 1st Jan 2017 02:18
Hello everyone ...

I recently put my hands on the last version of Black Ice Mod and installed it. I like the models and scripts and everything but there is one problem ...

During Editing everything in FPS Creator is fast and great. When I test a level, it takes TOO MUCH TIME to start the level test and TOO MUCH TIME to exit the testing (and sometimes it gets stuck) although the level is extremely small (just one small room, the player and one enemy). FPSC wasn't like that before installing Black Ice Mod. I use Windows 8 pro. Is there any way to speed it up? If not, how to remove the Black Ice Mod without losing all the models, scripts, weapons and the good stuff installed with it?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 14:26
Hello there! Could you please state the version of BIMod that you are using and your system specs? As for me, I have found the latest version (10.0) to be very performance friendly. But since this mod is mostly a graphics intensive mod, there is bound to be performance issues. But, I have found the ReShade feature to really bod up the performance. You could perhaps disable that.

Also, you could try clearing up the old .dbo files using the FPSC Cleaner from the FPS Creator directory as older versions of .dbo files may not be compatible with BIMod. But, I don't know much in that matter.

Hope this post helps.

Peace out.
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
How to disable ReShade feature?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 16:48
Well, do you get all the fancy effects like godrays, chromatic aberrations and stuff?
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't know what are those LOL
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 12:15
Well, then it should be disabled by default. In that case make sure the version of BIMod that you're running is the latest one. And yes, the water shader causes a bit of fps drop for me. But the other shaders shouldn't.
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 13:16 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2017 13:30
At start, it says something about ReShade ...

And now there's another problem, when I test the level for the first time, it is good. But when I test it again, everything is dark in the level, no lights at all

And Yes, I use the last version of Black Ice (v10)
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 18:28
I am afraid I cannot help you with that. Your problems seem to require someone with the knowledge of DarkBasic's attension.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 02:12
@KingMassen - I've not seen any issues with Black Ice Mod taking longer to start / exit test games compared with standard FPSC. The only difference is you can now lightmap much larger levels using Black Ice without crashing.

We decided to directly integrate ReShade in v10. It will compile automatically but the effects won't be enabled until you press F12 in game. It shouldn't impact anything unless you enable it.

The mod does not include an uninstaller as it would liklely corrupt your entire FPSC installation due to common / required files.. We recommend you install the mod on a fresh FPSC install to avoid problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:02:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:02:48