Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Prototype Character Builder

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 17:54 Edited at: 1st Jan 2017 20:22
I was working on a character builder to use inside of a game im working on. Its built as a function so i can easily transport it or modify it to use for other projects as well.
This was built in agk and source is included. Im wondering if i can get some feedback on how it works and if something else should be added to make it easier to use.

please post some characters you were able to draw using it (screenshots or the cg7 file it created). The files are saved in documents folder under "OB2 Character Builder" folder .
I'm very curious what others can come up with using it. I will post a few also if you would like to see what i've drawn using it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 17:59 Edited at: 1st Jan 2017 18:03
ok here are some files...

place them into the "Documents\OB2 Character Builder" folder to load them in

a quick tip:

using the mouse and pressing both the left and right mouse button down at the same time will select a color thats already been used in the draw grid.

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 19:53 Edited at: 1st Jan 2017 23:16
This program is another voxel editor but just a solid shape.
It uses the same grid setup of 7x7x7 and can output .obj files for use with a 3d tile game engine.
This one saves the files in the documents folder under "Obj Tile Builder"

use freely or modify.... whatever

edit: so i updated it so the blocks could be tiled without having dark lines in the way. Download the second attachment for tile-able shapes or the first 1 for solid shapes

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 20:21
looks like the directory structure is not working on my phone. So i will have more work to do to see where im landing when i set directories manualy. It seems to be having trouble finding the route directory of my saved images. Its very odd but it does work on my pc.

try it out on pc anyways and let me know how they work and if i can do something to improve it that i may not have thought of.

thanks.

Actually maybe the community could help me out. whats the best way to set agk back into its default directory after i have set it somewhere else?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 16:19 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2017 16:38
if anyone is interested in using the block editor, i wrote some code to save the block as a hex file so you could embed the 3d model right into your code. Then using an extracting code it will expand the obj files on the device to be used on.

the 3d model itself would look something like this (max size)

(823 bytes of data)

I could easily write a conversion code to turn that into an obj file for loading onto your device.
that same hex code converted to an obj file with agk code will now look like this...

(139264 bytes of data)
so you can see how much smaller this is to store the 3d data. its like a 1:169 ratio which is crazy!

again...if anyone is interested in using that for 3d world drawings then let me know and i should be able to make some quick code for you to expand that data.

here is the tile-able block editor that now save hex files instead and loads them back in. If your a good coder you can even extract the code right from this source if you would like to embed the 3d model data right into your own code. Its currently saving a 100x100x100 scaled block ...so the 7x7x7 fits inside a 100x100x100 unit size perfectly.

download below--->

Attachments

Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 09:40
@SoftMotion3D
I am interessted in all your Tools.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:22:41