Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GameCentreShowLeaderBoard crashing

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 00:04
I'm having a problem with GameCentre Leaderboard. When I call GameCentreShowLeaderBoard("my leaderbourd ID here"), I get an error message pop up saying "Unfortunately Google Play Games has stopped - Report / Ok". I have tried using the leaderboard ID (which is what I suspect I should be using), and I have tried using the leaderboard name.

With the ID, I get that error message, with the name is just hangs (whirls away like it's trying to load something).

Can anybody give me some pointers please? Do I need to publish the game for leaderboards to work? (Achievements are working fine in Test / Draft).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 09:58
It's the ID you should be using. I had a similar issue and I figured it was due to the fact I tried accessing the leaderboard whilst broadcasting. The only way I could resolve it was by creating a new leaderboard and NOT trying to load it via broadcast, try only with an exported version.

I may be way off, but I suspect it's due to the Google Application ID not being present when broadcasting, thus causing some internal issue. I had no issues once I tested with an apk version only...
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 10:13
OK. I have only been using the installed APK, but I'll try creating a new leaderboard and will re-test...
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 19:00
How'd you get on CJB? Any good?

If not, what version are you running? I'm a couple versions behind the most recent, but can install the new one to try if need be...
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 20:54
Perfect! I created a new Leaderboard and it just worked first time. I don't know if it's a bug with the first leaderboard, but creating a new leaderboard resolved the problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

My little mini duck shoot game "Aaargh! Ducks!" is now published. I'll add a post to Showcase so you can give it a try

Thanks again Funnell7.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 21:38
Excellent... It happened to me a few times, and on every occasion it was after trying to access the leaderboard via broadcast. It was as if it locks it out or something... May have just been a coincidence, but creating a new one each time worked...

Glad you sorted it, I'll definitely give it a try
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 09:13
Your game name is quite similar to my game name. "Arrrgh!"
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 10:17
Similar spelling, but COMPLETELY different meaning!

One is the noise a pirate and/or farmer makes, and the other is an exclamation of fear
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 13:38

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:20:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:20:21