Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Tutorial Guide - "setupbuttons" is not a recognised function or command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, I trust you all had a good Christmas & New Year

I have recently purchased the AppGameKit program and so far enjoying it. I am working through The Official App Game Kit Tutorial Guide.

I am trying the Test Button project on page 129, for some reason SetUpButtons and i guess GetButtonEntry, returns with the error message "main.agc:19: error: "setupbuttons" is not a recognised function or command"

Does anyone know if there is a new command for this ??

This is the code I have put in AGK.......

// Dispaly the buttons
setupbuttons()

// Get an integer value from the buttons
value_entered = getbuttonentry()

do

printc("you entered ")
print (value_entered)

Sync()
loop

Many Thanks

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 15:48 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2017 15:48
Welcome

setupbuttons() is not a built-in function. therefore it must be a function that you have to include in your code. so it might look something like this...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 10:19
The functions are included in ZIP file that accompanies the book. You'll find them in folder AGK2/Resources/Ch04. Pages 128/129 of the book explain how they are included in the project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 15:23:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 15:23:14