Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / (Linux) Launching Tier 1 application from a "parent" application

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 22:32
Hi,

What I want to do is, just like baxslash with his Scene Builder, I want to execute my AppGameKit app from a parent application and take control of the AppGameKit window. As can be seen from my previous post (which can be found here) I'm able to launch the AppGameKit app from a command line but not from a separate application. I've tried to make a simple GUI application with Qt and Java so far, and I'm able to start the AppGameKit app as a child process, but it won't open the window for the AppGameKit app and the process ends immediately.

What I'm missing if I'm able to launch the app from command line after preloading the needed libcurl library but I can't do the same from a parent GUI application? If there's someone else experimenting on Linux and you could have a hinch what I'm doing wrong, could you please push me gently (or violently, if necessary) to the right direction?

Thanks!
Mah machine: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x3.40GHz | CM Hyper 212 Evo | ASRock H97 Pro4 | 240GB SanDisk SSD | Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 2048MB | Seagate HDD 1000GB |
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:23:54