Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2 - Windows native application?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 17:45 Edited at: 6th Jan 2017 17:55
Hello everyone,
I have just one question for the development AGK2. I know that AGK2 is mainly focused on the games. But, it is possible that in the future AGK2 will also support Windows native applications?

Now it is so that if I want to do a game, I use AGK2. I think it's best. But if I want to do some window application for Windows, I have to use PureBasic. If I want to do some web application (database, etc.), I have to use SpiderBasic. It's a shame. I think it would be great AGK2 to use more widely.

What do you think about it? Thanks!
I am sorry for poor English
BitManip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 19:36
In the early days of agk I suggested it would be good to have database access and a gui! However, upon reflection,
I think agk should not have these things as it would then try to be all things to all people which may dilute it.

That said, it would have been useful if one could grab a windows handle to it so we could use it in a gui window. This is purely because I am lazy and dont want to write ogl code to achieve my needs!

Agk, as it stands, is damn usable and productive. For your needs, you have to mix and match...or...pay more!
I control all the juicy in here!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2017 16:20
Quote: "But, it is possible that in the future AGK2 will also support Windows native applications?"

Use tier 2.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2017 17:25
You can put AppGameKit in a Windows app made in C# or other language. That gives you the solution, but the other way around.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:27:40