Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] [2.0.22] [Win] Kindle Fire App Icons are appearing blurry

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't seem to be able to get a nice crisp icon for my exported .apk

Using the "Export Android APK" command from the file menu. I've assigned a 512x512 .png with some transparency to the icon field and hit export. I side load onto my kindle fire HDX, install, and there it is - a blurry icon. Not sure if it is some kind of user error, or if this is the case on any other devices. Lemme know if i'm doing something wrong, or if this is a bug!

Cheers,
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2017 16:34
Amazon devices pull their icon from the Amazon web store, so once you submit the app to Amazon and they approve it, it will have the high res icon that you supplied in the Amazon submission process. If the app is side loaded then it uses the largest icon size it can find in the APK, which is currently 192x192, so it'll look blurry when scaled up.
Hughbus
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah thankyou Paul!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:26:12