Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2017.01.09

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 00:05
Is anyone else still getting texture clamping issues in this build? Oddly creating sphere's seems to be allowing some to clamp the texture properly, others with different textures do not. If I go back to beta .17 they work fine on all spheres.

Also, bitmap's no longer seem to load - I had to convert all mine to PNG files (not an issue for me as I didn't plan to do it anyway, but seems odd?).
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Also, bitmap's no longer seem to load - I had to convert all mine to PNG files (not an issue for me as I didn't plan to do it anyway, but seems odd?)."

From 2.0.19 Paul wrote: "Windows now only supports the officially supported image formats PNG and JPEG"
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 09:01 Edited at: 21st Jan 2017 09:21
Strange!
MadBits APK works perfectly for me. Thanks for your time MadBit

But that does suggest that either I have a problem with my IDE exporter or I am doing something wrong but I've never had an issue until now.

Fixed I have been trying to export the game with the package name floppybird.apk
Having seen what MadBit called his export, I changed mine to com.scraggle.floppybird and it works perfectly!

I'm sure I used to export as name.apk in the past and never had an issue. Not to worry, it's all sorted now.

Thanks again MadBit
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 19:06
Ah well that would explain the bitmaps not loading then...... I don't normally try the newer versions and only upgraded this time for the faster image loading. Which is awesome BTW, much much quicker for larger images.

Except the texture clamping is still not working for me for every texture. Do they now need to form a specific aspect ratio? I think AppGameKit padded them before..... Is this turned off?
krid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 04:43 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2017 13:12
Tier1:
Guys, do you use font images? Because they bring different result to PC and android.
I think this bug came after 0.20 release.
As I remeber on 0.19 it was fine. Anyone?

Update: its not a bug. I made window and virtual resolution inits after text and font creation. This is my fault and I'm hiding in shadows.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
@krid can you attach a font file and source code that demonstrates this problem?
krid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 08:36 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2017 13:13
@xCept I updated my original post. I will be more carefull next time. Sorry.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 08:51 Edited at: 25th Jan 2017 10:03
Thanks for the Update. Now we have GetImageMemoryUsage(). Do we have any chance, to reduce the needed memory with any kind of texture compression? I know, not every system (Smartphone, Tablet, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, etc.) has the same graphic-memory-compression integrated. (PVRTC, ETC, S3TC, DXT), but for devices with less RAM, it would be great, to be able to have some options. Optimization for Tegra e.g. (OUYA, Shield, Nintendo Switch) or Razer ForgeTV / OUYA2 with Adrenoâ„¢ 420 GPU)

What about ETC2, is it OpenGL ES 3.0 Standard?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_Scalable_Texture_Compression

Nice article also

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/android-texture-compression-a-comparison-study-with-code-sample
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 22:14 Edited at: 25th Jan 2017 22:14
@paul
at my pc if me hold alt right key and released it, there is still the key 17 in state 1 !? then if me press ctrl and release it it go back to 0
AGK (Steam) V2017.01.09 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 09:17
Quote: "if me hold alt right key and released it, there is still the key 17 in state 1 !? then if me press ctrl and release it it go back to 0"

Confirmed. Probably because Alt Gr is Ctrl + Alt at once.
Nieb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 19:24 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 19:41
Short WAV format sounds seem to get cut off with PlaySound( iID, iVol, iLoop ).
This issue only seems to appear on Android.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 13:57
Any update on the non functional texture clamping issue by chance?
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul, the latest news mentioned that another update is in the works and will be released soon. Can you specifiy SOON a little? Are we talking about 2-3 weeks or more 2-3 months?
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 02:42 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 02:44
Awesome, I just tried it out, and now GetRawRotationVectorX2() commands actually output correct device rotation/orientation values.
In previous AppGameKit versions, using those values results in 'drifting' if we used them for camera angles for mobile VR. But now I can't detect any drifting, so far.
Looks like great news for anybody who wanted to make mobile VR games.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 08:25
There is a bug that has been around for a long time, but I'll add it here.
When you GetNextFolder(), it always adds a media folder to the list, wherever you are.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There is a bug that has been around for a long time, but I'll add it here.
When you GetNextFolder(), it always adds a media folder to the list, wherever you are"

Yeah, because of that, I can never make a recursive function to explore a drive/folder, because it'll always explore that 'newly-created' media folder again and again.
Unless I explicitly exclude all folders named 'media' the recursion will go on forever...
But then I would not be able to explore any 'media' folder.
Hope this will get fixed.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 20:40
Quote: "There is a bug that has been around for a long time, but I'll add it here.
When you GetNextFolder(), it always adds a media folder to the list, wherever you are."

I don't think that's a bug but rather by design.
GetNextFolder() returns folders from both the write path and the read path and if both paths have the same folder it will be returned only once.
It seems like AppGameKit assumes that the write path and the read path will have the same sub folder structure.
Also SetFolder() is linked to both the write path and the read path.
Actual write path = GetWritePath() + GetFolder()
Actual read path = GetReadPath() + GetFolder()

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the current commands for exploring files and folders are not very good at that.
We could use some new commands for Win/Mac/Linux. Something like:
SetRawPath()
GetRawPath()
GetRawFirstFolder()
GetRawNextFolder()
etc...
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2017 10:37 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2017 17:13
MikeHart wrote: "Paul, the latest news mentioned that another update is in the works and will be released soon. Can you specifiy SOON a little? Are we talking about 2-3 weeks or more 2-3 months?"

Paul, any info on this? For me it is important as I need to decide if a current project of mine goes further with AGK2 or if I need to port it.

EDIT: Ok, the beta gave the answer! Awesome!
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:16:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:16:30