Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTC Vive VR Oculos Rift examples? tier 1...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:33
I realize alot of programmers are trying to use VR using headset acceleration etc...
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a bluetooth or wifi emitter like anchor device placed on the opposite end of the room so that the vr device can figure out any head movements, based on the anchors position?

Otherwise I am curious is there any headway into getting VR commands working well in AppGameKit?

I mean from a basic concept VR seems pretty simple... Are we working to make things any easier?

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:39
if two people were sitting in a chair with a head set in a small room and you place a wifi beacon 10 feet in front of each person tuned for each vr headset; no matter where the players were sitting in their chair; they should be able to stair at each other in vr at any distance and any angle...????

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 18:54 Edited at: 14th Jan 2017 18:55
GetRawAccelXYZ in agk shows me the axis alignment.
me not used this magnetic values but i think it can used to target around 360.
missing is a better position than gps, maybe you can get distance from radio reception strength from an center device. (raspberry pi?)

HoloLens can do , it scan geometry around.
there are some very nice videos at youtube, where you can walk around a hologram or using the room as surface for special effects.
i f you not saw you must view.

sentor data
AGK (Steam) V2017.01.09 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:31:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:31:25