Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / online score website, new name

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 16:59
My old thread is locked (inactivity) https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/210569. I was calling it GameSpace, but I'm trying to move it over to a dedicated domain name and that was already taken. So is "Scorecard", another name I considered. So I'm open to suggestions if you guys have any for a name for my online hi-score site.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 19:21
Surprisingly difficult to find a decent name in this space.

Best I could find was: tryandcatchme.com, godaddy is listing it as available for $3
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 21:19
I'm surprised that hasn't been taken. I stopped searching for available names on godaddy years ago. Seemed like every time I found one, if I didn't buy it right then, it'd be taken a week or so later. Happened to me a lot, then I read an article where others had the same thing and someone was tracking names that were being searched for with godaddy and then buying them up.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 03:49
It's crazy how much the price of .io names has gone up even just in the past year. Can't hardly find them less than $60 now no matter how obscure and uncommon.

The price of becoming trendy I guess.

Wish id grabbed some back when they were going for 5-10.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 12:45
Well I chose one finally. The new online hi-score system will be called Purple Token. There is a story behind the name so it's not completely random, and if you think of token as an old school arcade game token then it does still have some relevance. Now I just gotta come up with a new logo. It's been purchased for 3 years upfront, so the service will be guaranteed to be around for at least that long.

I know how you feel about the IO domains. I wanted an IM domain once but was so expensive.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:52:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:52:54