Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Facebook HTML5 Bundle and AGK Tier 1 HTML5 Export?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I ask a lot of questions, don't I? That's because I'm a sponge for knowledge.

I've searched through all the forums n' websites... and I'm curious about AGK's HTML5 export and Facebook Canvas's HTML Bundle... is this compatible with each other? From what I see/understand with things like Unity's HTML5 export and WebGL... secure SSLs are no longer required, you just zip up your HTML5 app (index.html included) and upload it to Facebook's servers, and they deploy it on their own servers (all for free, it seems, btw)

Can anyone shed some light on the HTML5 process for getting AppGameKit Tier 1 and FB's HTML5 Bundle syncin'?
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 05:55 Edited at: 24th Jan 2017 05:55
Actually, I just got this working-- and it's super simple to do! So, for those who don't know, you can use Facebook to directly host your HTML5 games without needing your own webserver, you just zip your game up into a zip from after your HTML5 export, upload (through their Developer's page), follow the Quick Setup, and you're good to go. You have a game live on Facebook. No fuss, no mess.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 07:12
well done... just be weary on copyright material, sounds, music, graphics etc

public domain is free

Creative commons License is generally free but who ever creates would like a mention in game credits.

etc
etc
damo

SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
Absolutely, Damo.

I'm a multimedia content developer, so I'm pretty aware of IP licensing, etc; all the sounds and music I use are through paid licenses. And any graphics, well, created by me!

I am having some trouble, however. With the HTML5 Bundling, I can't seem to figure out how to get Facebook logins to work, or wall posting. Hrmmm!

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 18:50
This is great news, publishing to Facebook isn't something I had previously considered

Good luck getting the FB posting stuff to work. Did your code work as an APK or through the player?
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't seem to get Facebook login/wall code to work at all, through the player nor through HTML5; not even after uploading to Facebook's Canvas for HTML5. I'm probably doing something wrong since it's something I'm not familiar with-- I've tried following various examples posted through the Forums, but no go.
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 20:48 Edited at: 24th Jan 2017 20:54
Pressing F1 on Facebookpostonmywall() command states that only compatible with iOS and Adnroid at moment

Unless your trying to do something different

If its this your trying to do - maybe ask Paul to see if can be a new feature request, as it maybe difficult to do in java scripting code - as html exportation uses java language

Damo
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, with Facebook now allowing HTML5 uploads/hosting under Canvas for free, it might be a great feature request to allow HTML5 to access FB logins, etc. Given how easy it is to deplay a HTML5 app on FB now......
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 21:04
Cool, you maybe able to add this as a feature request in the v2 feature requests thread and maybe suttly hint it in AppGameKit 2017.01.09 threads at the top of this board.

These are generally Sticky and at the top of this huge forum list

Then Paul may see in these and pick them up for later updates or give you a yay or nay it is possible or not type of thing

Good luck and hope your wish will be granted

Damo
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2017 11:09
Hey SteelPrincess, thanks for this post!

Can I ask what people are doing for Monetization of Facebook apps? Do AGK's IAP commands work? Or advertising?
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2017 16:54
I know nothing about games on Facebook but could it be possible to use the HTML commands in some way?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2017 08:32
Which ones are you talking about, DigitalAwakening?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 01:03
Any thoughts on how those could be used for monetization?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:29:17