Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Liftproblem (kindof)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 00:49
My lift is now going up and down without stop starting with an activated= script. Not what I want!

1. I want the lift to stay down util I climb on it and Wiseman says a few word..
2. Wiseman animate (push a button) then I want the lift to start..

(All of this must start with an activated= script)
Can anyone help???
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 19:39 Edited at: 30th Jan 2017 19:41
I was able to get the stock ww2 lift to work via a switch. When the player gets on nothing happens but when the switch is pressed the lift works as normal.
For this get the lifts "main" script and add in the "activated=1" condition in the line where it has "associateplayer" as an action. From here you then go to your Wiseman's script and locate his animation/talking region, at the point after his animation add the "activateifused=1" action. You may need a bit of extra code to get the timing just right but this should work. (Put the lifts name in Wiseman's ifused field)
Sorry for not providing snippets as the code I used was FPSC's stock script and I dont have access to yours to modify. Best of luck!
2S!K Productions
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 17:39
Ok, I will try it out thanks! BTW activated=1 are You kidding Me? I have so many activations by now that I have to use activated=11
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 20:40
Woah really?! Do you already have a value in Wiseman's ifused field besides the elevator? If not activated=1 should work fine since each entity has its own activation values.
The problem is if you have multiple entities of the same name in the ifused field because this will set them all to the same activated state. If so then yes use 11 and modify the script to increment the activateifused value to perform the actions in order.
2S!K Productions
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 14:26
Fixed!!! (I used activated=9 + timer delay)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:44:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:44:34