Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Testflight build not able to be used because it's missing beta entitlement?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 08:18
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is due to things being AppGameKit specific or not, but when I compile my app for iOS and upload it to TestFlight for beta testing, it won't let me push out the build to my testers because it says "missing beta entitlement".

Is this something I need to do in AppGameKit somewhere before I export? It's throwing me for a loop...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 02:56
If I recall correctly this is set by the provisioning profile used to export the IPA from AGK. If the profile is a Store one then it can only be used to publish to iTunes. If it is AdHoc then it can be used to test via TestFlight.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 07:16
Good tip! I'll try that out. Thanks, Paul. Saved my bacon. Wanna get this game out and get my shiny new AppGameKit badge
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 01:27
Hmm... I tried that and it still happens. The new provisioning profile is definitely a developer profile and not a release profile, and yet it's still missing its Beta Entitlement.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 05:04
Okay so I got it to work by just wiping everything and starting again. Re-did all my certificates and profiles and it somehow worked.

I wish iTunes worked as smoothly as Google...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 14:34
A Developer profile is a third option (separate from Store and AdHoc profiles). I think only AdHoc profiles work with testflight

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:37:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:37:05