Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Custom vweap.x question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 02:42
Hi everyone. I've made a bunch of custom weapons for the game project I am working on, and they work as expected. However, I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to set up my vweap.x file for enemy use. It always ends up misaligned or floating above the character.
I've loaded some of the stock vweap files into fragmotion to see how they're set up, but I still can't seem to get it right.
Are there any comprehensive tutorials out there for modelling and setting up weapons for FPSC? I have both community guides, and they sadly do not cover this problem.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 23:06
Hi Kafoolwho
Quote: "ends up misaligned or floating above the character"

It should be straight forward. Assign the weapon to your character and give it proper
"shot script"? Have you tried ( i'm sure you have) a stock character with a stock weapon?
See if the stock works first.
If your using a custom character, is the "FIRESPOT" bone correctly aligned in the hand?
Or maybe, does your custom VWEAP have a bone with all the vertices
attached properly?

If you want, post one of your vweap weapons & files and I'll test it out.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 04:51
Thanks to your suggestions I have tracked down the culprit. The problem was not with my vweap.x, but with my custom character rig. It seems that my FIRESPOT shifted on export. Using the standard FPSC biped fixed the problem. Many thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:23:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:23:06