Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Google Play requiring Privacy Policy

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 01:41
Since the android temple adds "android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS", Google Play now wants me to include a privacy policy with my app. I don't collect any personal information but I do use In App Purchases and Google Ads.

Can I remove this permission from my code or does anyone have a generic privacy policy they can share. I tried the free privacy policy generators but they don't seem to fit someone that doesn't actually collect any personal information.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 09:15
Just write one that says, "we don't collect any personal data."
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I got this alert too, but don't quite understand why AppGameKit sets the permission of Contacts and Identity. Seems those are not really pertinent to any of the features offered in AppGameKit unless I'm missing something obvious (which I might be).
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 21:20
I use this privacy policy for Google and iOS just so I don't get any complaints etc and have had no problems with it from Google or Apple, just change it to suite

http://leapappsuk.wixsite.com/leapappsuk/privacy-policy
The Amiga and Amos were great!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 22:18
The android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS permission is used to download expansion files. If you don't use them then you can remove that permission.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:18