Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D Animation flickers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 18:13 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 18:40
Hey,

I'm planing to make a 3D top down shooter and I'm now looking for what I need to make it possible.
So I knew that there is an awesome Asset creator who even offers almost all his assets for free: Kenny Assets
I want to use his city models and characters.
They where rigged but not Animated...also I live only 15 minutes away from him...so I visited him today ^^
He recommended Mixamo, which is a library with dozens of animations and you can add them to your custom 3D Models.
So I made an animated model and exported it to the .fbx format.

Now it would be time to try it in AGK...but here is the problem some bones flicker.
The Flicker is not just the frames but the 3D model itself seem to collapse and assemble at some frequency (don't know how to explain that strange behaviour)
I tried .fbx, .fbx(for unity) and .dae
I checked if the files are exported correctly with Autodesk.. and everything looks okay there.

I'm using the code from the BoneAnimation Example
and the File I'm using is attached

So what can I do

Using AGKv2 Tier1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 18:25
Quote: "also I live only 15 minutes away from him...so I visited him today ^^"

Nice! I have all of his assets, very useful for all sorts of things.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 18:47
Yeah I think he did everything right with his assets (I also bought his first pack)
They are all the same "kind of art" so they fit together and they are minimalistic enough to make little games (maybe I can even make it running on android or IOS when I have everything put together)

Do you have an idea what I could have done wrong or could you go the same path and try it yourself so I can be sure I did nothing wrong ?
That would be awesome...but you don't have to... you know

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 19:25
There are 2 reasons that you would see the model collapse during animation.
1. Bones can not have any scaling applied to them in the animation.
2. Exporting the model with Matrix keyframes can cause the model to collapse during
rotations in the animations. Export with rotation and translation keyframes instead.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 20:06 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 20:43
Okay thanks, I have a solution I can work with...
I imported the file in blender and exported it again without a change and the same format.. but somehow blender repairs the model and now everything is fine
I'm a noob in using animations and modelling programs maybe I even should ask that question in the noob corner or the 3D chat ^^ ...how can I append those single files into one file, so all animations are there ?

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 09:42
Quote: "how can I append those single files into one file, so all animations are there ?"

When I did it, I think I used the NLA editor to do something to the animations, then used the append object command in Blender. (It was over a year ago I did it so excuse my lack of clarity.)

I did search on YouTube for the information so perhaps you could do the same? (Not being a jerk here, just explaining what I did. )
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 12:30
Everything fine thanks
it just shows my I didn't made enough research ^^

Using AGKv2 Tier1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:21:11