Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Using Mictrosoft Fonts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I'm building a game with in-app purcahses and I'm using Microsoft's font Century Gothic, which I love. Could I get in to trouble using the font in my game if I plan to make money? Should I purchase or use a free font instead?

Thanks.
niansenx
Years of Service
User Offline
Being silly. Lots of free fonts online. Ignore me!
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 15:03 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 15:05
Simply using a microsoft font that a user already had installed is not a problem, some fonts can be embedded into an application without issues which allows users that dint have it to use it within that app.

Distributing and installing microsoft fonts (and other non free fonts) usually requires licensing the right to do so.

Viewing the properties on a font will give you details on what you are allowed to do with it regarding distribution, install, application embedding, you need to pay attention to the licensing terms even on free fonts as or will vary from font to font. Most free fonts will require an attribution.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:21:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:21:01