Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 08:08
got to much going on in my life now doubt ill ever get back to dbpro got lots of skeleton programs up for grabs if anyone wants them. might not be the best programing in the world but im still learning. basic interface loads objects and images has a working menu scroll bar mouse wheel zoom rotate ect and a custom built browser ect. was going to use it for a cnc maching to run g code but could be repurposed for about anything really. everything is modular and slightly unfinished. have bunches more programs a voxel program I was working on and a very nice unfinished paint program some 3d and 2d game skeletons ect to name a few. interested drop a line or let this post fade into oblivion.
A child's dream never dies.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like to get a copy.
i work on a video editing programm and i could need more gui code and especially a file dialog, which looks great btw.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2017 04:36 Edited at: 27th Feb 2017 05:42
will be home tomorrow if ur still interested. wrote tge code years ago when i was fist learning. can write u an adaptive easy to use menu far superior to the existibg one if ur intetested. the browser works quite well. if u want to use it thoigh happy to ploish it a bit more if u need. the current ones is a basic repitition of a function using sprites can replace text with anything u want change color easily assighn actuobs to eaxh one. only prob is i thibk it only goes 5 items deap easily drop it or the browser into any program. def could do much better if it wont work for ya

zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
of course i am. i don't understand why i'm the only one posting here? this is like, pure gold, sitting in the middle of the street and nobody takes it.
the menu sounds great, i could use that. while my own system works, it is so messy.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 02:55 Edited at: 28th Feb 2017 02:58
Sorry for the sloppy post earlier was occupied and on my phone. uploaded a zip file attached with a few projects media if u wish to use it, Like I said before this is old and sloppy code as well its almost shameful to show it now, but its already written and still useful to someone im sure. Attached is a skeleton program with the browser and menu in place showing an example of how it works and some misc other stuff. I code inside functions and separate source files to make things easy to work : also IMPROTANT I use an older version of dpbo and I usually benchmark my more recent stuff however ive noticed they run like crap in the newer dbpro so maybey u can speed it up. any questions drop me a line. paint program, editor program skeleton and a poor attempt at a vox program I abandoned.

just drop the source files into your program and call their function.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, works great.

i made a paint programm without much gui stuff where i made sure that i can draw fluently, like in mspaint. i could merge that with your paint project and make a nice little drawing application, like krita or paint tool sai.
or, i just started to write my own mesh display programm so i can quickly change and display a mesh with custom properties to create a model editor. i could merge this with your builder project and maybe even a add a ray tracer.
or, or, or...

i just never got around on how to make something like the scroll bar you use in your builder app. (try googleing for this and find stuff not related to web-dev, jQuery and css)
i will give you a special place in the credits of my video editor. i can use the zoom functionality from your paint program to zoom the video in my editor and use your scroll bar to scroll on the timeline, on the source file panel and so much more.

thanks for sharing your amazing work
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 16:29
your welcome man glad you can use it makes me happy. I suppose the menu that loads obj and image previews could be recycled to pretty sure its just a function like everything else. browser needs a tiny bit of work most of its guts are in place really just needs a polishing hope it easy to understand everything. I try to keep stuff simple. only thing really important is to run most of those functions in a timer one a run 1 time only loop cause they can chew up memory pretty bad.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 13:14 Edited at: 1st Mar 2017 13:14
I was thinking, Great! I loved Q@Bert back in the day......Nevertheless it looks interesting. Any info you can provide on this one to help? I get the WASD keys are used and I can manipulate it fine, but how do I place the boxes and save it?

LB

So many games to code.....so little time.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 16:38
mostly the builder functions and paint functions i wanted to share just kinda tossed qbert In there as well for the heck of it as something someone might like to play with. Qbert is not actually useful in any way. Space+mousez and shift+mousez qberts can highlight row but never could get pick object to work right or the highlighter scaling. was planning to subdivide it with mouze z which its set up for but comment out then use the mouse highlighter to select a row then pick object would pick the closest object to the mouse in that row and build in layers but I never could get pick obj to work perfectly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:33