Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / DLC Giant Asset Pack 2 - work with first basic versioon of AGK

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 03:04
Hi, I had purchased AppGameKit when it first was introduced and have the very basic version. I was also a supporter of FPSC-Reloaded now called Game Guru and therefore have a steam account. I have been wanting to play around with this app and noticed a really good sale on DLC Giant Asset Pack 2. It doesn't look like I can order it through Game Creators and need to through steam as a DLC. I do not have a steam version of AGK. Will I be able to use the sprites with the old AppGameKit?
When in doubt -- C4
-Jamie Hyneman
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 05:58 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 06:01
Well I bought the asset pack and it just downloaded all the sprites as files onto my computer. I'm not sure if you need AppGameKit installed to buy it though... I'm not really sure how it works. I can't see any reason why you should need AGKv2 installed to download the DLC though.
However, I was actually very underwhelmed with the content. Unless you specifically need a particular sprite and you know it's what you want, I can't recommend it.

That aside, AGKv2 is vastly superior to AGKv1. If you plan on using AppGameKit a lot, or for any commercial project, I would definitely recommend you dish out the cash to upgrade to AGKv2. It is worth it. Projects compiled with AGKv1 are likely to be incompatible with the latest versions of Android/iOS. AGKv2 has many more commands, and also has the ability to one-click deploy to any platform.

My Games - Latest WIP
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2017 07:12
Thanks easter bunny for the information. I've been pondering whether or not to upgrade to v2.
When in doubt -- C4
-Jamie Hyneman
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2017 07:28
@F l a t l a n d e r, if you are a FPSC Master and want to do something with 3D and AppGameKit, I recommend you the Update. AGK1 has a lot of potential, but some of the 3D commands did not work right and also the 2D-Skeleton-Animations are not as good as in AGK2. But I am not using AGK1 for a long time, so I can more the less only say, what AGK2 does right

But!

If you are trying to buy a DLC on Steam, you only can buy it, if you have the main product in your library.

Next?! Steam only sells App Game Kit in one version. You will get the updates and so on. You can also consider, if you want 3D Assets in your game, and there for you can load GameGuru Assets in AppGameKit (2).

If I hadn't, I would buy AGK2 from Steam. But I use Steam for nearly all my software and devices for updates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:18:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:18:48