Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2 Trial crashing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, sorry if I am missing something very easy here but I have searched for a while and wasn't able to find a solution to the problem. I have used AGK1 in the past on this same laptop but have installed windows 10 since. I have installed the AGK2 trial which seems to work perfectly until I try and run a program. Even the examples and simply the default screen setup and loop you get when starting a new project fails to run. Each time it will compile successfully but as the window launches it is instantly not responding and then produces a Project.exe has stopped working error and asks to debug.

Also I have reinstalled AGK2 twice and reinstalled AGK1 where my previous projects ran succesfully?

Thanks
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 13:46
Try starting it (or even installing it) as administrator. Perhaps Windows 10 is doing something strange with your write privileges.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 14:02
It could also be security protection. I have Kaspersky and I had to enable AppGameKit in the settings of it for it to run ok.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
BenST
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your suggestions. I was already running as administrator but have re-installed while running as admin + added an exemption on windows defender but I am still having the same problem. Now upon prompting to debug I have an error message saying "An unhandled win32 exception occured in project.exe [4436]

Any ideas
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 23:48
In the AppGameKit installation folder can you find the program "Tier 1\Compiler\interpreters\Windows.exe" and try running it. It should start the AppGameKit player for Windows, what happens when you run that?
BenST
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul the same thing is happening with that application as any of the [rpjects just a white window and an "application has stopped working error
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 01:58
What are the specs of your computer, in particular the GPU and OS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:28:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:28:18