Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Store Items Questions

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 21:10 Edited at: 16th Feb 2017 21:12
Hi everyone, I've been a long time user of FPSC Creator and now Game Guru. I've never really poked around much with AGK. A little bit with Dark Basic Pro but mainly just with playing around with the 3D environments. I've recently in the past few been uploading content to The Game Creators Store and noticed that there is a new option to include packaging to AppGameKit users. While I'm unfamiliar with the file formats AppGameKit recognizes and uses I have a few questions to ask, that might help allow me to bring more content to the AppGameKit community via The Game Creators Store.

What format does AppGameKit Support for Music?

I currently package music tracks and ambient loops in OGG format for Game Guru. Though if preferred, I can output MP3 format.

What format does AppGameKit Support for Sound Effects?

I currently make all my sound effects files WAV files. Is this supported in AppGameKit? And is there a preferred bit-rate or compression level required for them? 44k 128kbps for example?

Does AppGameKit Support .X Meshes?

I have a lot of 3D models I have been working on and am curious what format AppGameKit supports. Also I don't believe AppGameKit makes any use of FPE files of which help meshes associate with textures. does AppGameKit have some type of way of assigning a texture similar to how Game Guru does via FPE? Considering that the texture has already been properly UV mapped to the mesh.

What is The File Format For Textures?

All my textures are diffuse textures in DDS format. I have them labeled based on their texture type. example_D.DDS , example_S.DDS, example_N.DDS and so on.

I guess that's all my questions for now thank you

My store page with TGC: https://www.tgcstore.net/artist/45855
(Teabone)
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 03:32
What format does AppGameKit Support for Music?

While it does still support MP3, the ideal format is OGG

Uncompressed WAV

Does AppGameKit Support .X Meshes?

It does indeed. Even animated ones.

What is The File Format For Textures?

Generally speaking JPG or PNG when you need alpha channels.
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 09:01
Small addition:

Uncompressed WAV and OGG
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 09:35
AGK is a TGC product, so if it works in game guru, it'll probably work in AGK. (Except for dds files, because AppGameKit doesn't use DirectX.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:01:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:01:49