Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TTF fonts not working in APK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 10:04 Edited at: 17th Feb 2017 10:09
Hi,

I'm trying to use the attached font in my game.
It is in my media folder but I also have it installed in Windows.
In Windows the font displays correctly (would it use the installed version instead of the one in the media folder? - Should there be a difference?) but on my phone the text reverts to the default font.

The immediate thought is case sensitivity, so to prove that's not the issue, here is my loading code:

Are there different types of TTF? Does AppGameKit only support certain types? Any suggestions as to how I can get this font to display in the APK?

Thanks
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 10:45
I wonder if it is related to the font you are using?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 11:02
I can only presume that it is.
That's why I'm asking if there are different types of TTF and if so, is there a way to identify which ones won't work in AppGameKit without having to create an APK first and then test it?

Thanks
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 14:24 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2017 14:25
Tested on Windows, Android broadcast, and Android exported APK, all worked as expected with the following code

If you are using an older version of AppGameKit then there was a bug fixed in 2017.01.09 related to LoadFont not working in exported APKs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:09:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:09:06