Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player on Amazon Fire TV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I did a quick search but couldn't find an answer.

Is the AppGameKit Player available for the Amazon Fire TV? or the OUYA actually? I've installed it on my phone, Fire (tablet) and Samsung Galaxy Tab, but I couldn't find it in the Amazon app store for Fire TV.

If not, is there an (official) download link to sideload the AppGameKit player onto Fire TV and OUYA?

I'm loving how easy it is to broadcast from AppGameKit to all devices running the app at the same time!!

Thanks.
Grimbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to follow this up for anyone else who may be wondering.

Through my Amazon account it says that the AppGameKit Player is not compatible with the Fire TV. I'm not sure why, since I downloaded and sideloaded the APK onto my OUYA and the AppGameKit Player works absolutely perfectly as far as I can see so far.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 14:00
Yep - in the IDE, go to Tools-->Android-->Browse to AppGameKit Player. Now install AppGameKit Player 2.apk to Fire TV using adbGUI or similar. Navigate to 'Manage My Apps' in the FireTV options and you should see it in the list. You might have to turn on Developer Debuggin options first though.
Grimbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome - Thanks Wilf.

Worked a charm getting it onto the Fire TV.

I actually didn't know about finding the AppGameKit Player .apk file under those options either - so thanks for that.

Interestingly, on the Fire TV the default on screen joystick shows up (even when using a gamepad) when broadcasting, however on OUYA it doesn't! Weird.

Again - thanks for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:08:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:08:16