Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS review setting for ads

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Trying to submit a Tier 1 game for review in Apple AppStore. There is this question of "Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?". I use Chartboost and AdMob via the Tier 1 commands. Does this mean the game uses the IDFA?

If so, which of these should be ticked as IDFA being used for:

-Serve advertisements within the app
-Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement
-Attribute an action taken within this app to a previously served advertisement

Thx,
T
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 17:20
Quote: "I use Chartboost and AdMob via the Tier 1 commands. Does this mean the game uses the IDFA?"

Yes

Quote: "If so, which of these should be ticked as IDFA being used for:

-Serve advertisements within the app
-Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement
-Attribute an action taken within this app to a previously served advertisement"

Serve advertisements within the app
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, thanks for the info. I tried to google for this all over and found very little convincing information. Just some people with similar questions. I guess this is more about the ad platforms and less about AppGameKit or some other specific deveopment environment. I finally got enough of it and ticked all the boxes and submitted it. Will see how it goes.

Regarding the search, Chartboost has some weird info on their site where all these are listed and it says Chartboost respects them and not to worry. Just does not say which of these it uses and when. Some people speculated that Chartboost would also require ticking "attribute app installation" as it attributes apps installed from advertisement clicks to your Chartboost account. I couldn't even figure out what the choices really mean.

Next time maybe I will try just selecting the serve advertisements within the app, since I am sure you know what it does having implemented it in AGK..
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2017 22:23
Quote: "Some people speculated that Chartboost would also require ticking "attribute app installation" as it attributes apps installed from advertisement clicks to your Chartboost account."

As I understand it if you chose to advertise your app with Chartboost, and integrated the Chartboost SDK into your app, then I think you would have to tick that. Since then the advert is display by some other app, but when the user followed your ad to install your app then the IDFA is being used to record the app installation based on the ad you created with Chartboost. Or more simply put if app A is displaying an advert for app B, then app A is using the IDFA to display ads, whereas app B is using the IDFA to record the installation based on a previously shown ad (shown by app A).
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense. Next time I will just use the first tick..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:23:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:23:08